I’m going to kick off this year with a Bookish Bucket List. It’s a rather simple list now that I look at it, but it’s mine and meaningful to me. That really is all that matters. Reading is now a huge part of my life and I realize I’ll never get to everything I want to read in my lifetime… However I’ll sure try !!
- Read the Harry Potter series
- Read at least one classic
- Leave 2 books on Bookcrossing
- Read one memoir
- Listen to an audio book
- Read a book in French
- Catalogue the different places I read books. I want to see just exactly where I tend to read. (And maybe push myself to read in more exotic places)
And a few general thoughts that I want to be more aware of this year :
- Don’t feel guilty of not finishing a book (sometimes, it is just not the right time or really isn’t my style) Life is short and if the book just doesn’t fit…. It’s ok to move on.
- Publish 3-4 blog posts a month even if they are not book related.
- As I read, jot down things as I go along. (I’ve bought a special notebook just for this purpose)
- Doodle more
I absolutely love the notebook I bought myself for Christmas. I was just wandering in a pen shop when I spotted my treasure. I love it because it is imperfect. It has glue coming off the spine, the edges are not perfectly cut. Perfect imperfection. I was even thinking of going to buy myself a few more in various sizes.
I’m very much looking forward to this year !