I can usually tell if I’m going to like a book after about five chapters, sometimes I may plug along for a few more if I’m on the fence. I’ve decided upon a new type of post that I will call : [First Five] These posts are meant to be informal with not a lot of fluff, a brainstorming of my thoughts so far.
Here we go ….
[First Five] for The Voodoo Killings by Kristi Charish
- Cover art – Beautiful and within the first five chapters, I understood the connection.
- Main character: Kincaid Strange she’s awesome… I love her sarcasm and whit !!
- Zombies are a weird bunch. Ghosts are perhaps even more.
- I like the little snakes on the bottom of the pair pages and Kristi’s name is spelled backwards on the top to those pages too. I know why.. or I think I know why.
- My curiosity is piqued with all the unusual goings on.
- The pace is fast and fun.
Verdict: Continue reading I shall !
Stay tuned for the full review when I’m done.
The Voodoo Killings by Kristi Charish
Published by Penguin Random House – Vintage Canada